Mad Tea Party

Mad Tea Party

Saturday, January 29, 2011

5. Little Things

Dear Mr. President or To Whom It may Concern:

A friend of mine was talking about his home, and what it was like. He described it in detail, even the people living within. That’s the most important part about “home,” right? The people you share it with.

When I thought about my home, the beach came to mind. The ocean is my home; the beach is my sky; and the sky is my confidence in my safety. I never feel quite as comfortable as I do when I’m at the beach. I adore the feel of the water lapping at my ankles, cool and yet somehow warm with love. I have so many amazing memories at the beach, dancing with friends and building fires at night.

Yet it’s the little things within the bigger picture we so enjoy: the tiniest shell, the lone seagull, or the last sliver of sunlight over the horizon. All these minuscule things we never think twice about, but as we gaze on… it means so much.

Eyes, for another example – the window to the soul; the iris, one of the smallest features our human bodies have, and yet we are enthralled by them, entranced by them, ruled by them.

It certainly is the little things in life.



Truly sincerely, and with all wishes for your happiness,

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment